5 Reasons to Hire a Professional Interventionist
Any person who cares enough to step-in and attempt an intervention or other tactic to help a loved one end his addiction should be commended for his effort. More likely than not, an addict will not acknowledge his addiction on his own, nor will he seek treatment on his own. It often requires a friend, family member, employer, medical professional, or judge to get an addicted loved one into treatment; and while all efforts are appreciated, not all are beneficial. Interventions can be highly-effective for helping an addict into treatment, but if not done correctly they can wind up pushing the addict further away from family and deeper into addiction. It is strongly advised that individuals hire a professional interventionist rather than attempting an intervention on their own; here are 5 reasons why.
- Interventions work best when they are structured, well-planned events. Think about the massive end-goal or result of an intervention. It is to save a life and guide an addict into recovery. People should be prepared for an event with so much at stake. A professional interventionist can do the planning and meet with family and friends ahead-of-time to learn about the addict and the ongoing situation. He will be able to devise a plan and approach that will cater to the needs of the specific situation.
- Many times it is difficult for friends and family to help an addict because they are not educated on addiction in general. Interventionists can open the minds of intervention participants and bring about new perspectives and attitudes.
- Interventions can get heated and even lead to unstable and erratic behavior. A professional interventionist can mediate the situation and keep things under control. If the conversation begins to get out of hand and emotions rise, interventionists have the training and practice necessary to diffuse the tension and resolve arguments. Judgment, criticism, and yelling can cause an addict to leave the intervention and avoid friends and family from there on out.
- Professional interventionists can set-up treatment accommodations ahead of time to ensure that the addict can get into treatment quickly (within 24 to 72 hours) so he cannot change his mind as he waits for a room to become available.
- Professional interventionists can also help family and friends deal with the effects the addiction has had on their lives. If an addict refuses to get help, friends and family must move forward with their lives, no longer enabling the addict or allowing him to negatively impact their lives. This can be extremely tough to do, but there are several support groups and services available to help friends and family recover from the addiction, even if the addict is not ready to do so.
How Can You Find a Professional Interventionist?
To find professional intervention help, or learn more about addiction, addiction treatment and recovery from a professional, you can call our toll-free helpline today. Our recovery professionals are available 24 hours a day, seven days a week to help you find the services and professionals that will meet you and your loved one’s needs. Recovery professionals are happy to answer your questions, address your concerns, and provide you with all the information you need, without asking for commitments. However, if you are ready, we have connections to a diverse range of top-rated intervention and treatment services across the country, and can help you find the professionals and facilities that are best suited for you and your loved ones. For help, call our toll-free number today.